Thursday, May 27, 2010

Natural running . . .

Ran appox. 2.5 miles up and around the hills in the Sleepy Hollow area. This may be the only reason I will ever say that I miss Fargo-flat, flat, flat and way more flat areas to run. Forgot to look at the time I left, but it was about six Black Eyed Peas songs long.

Ok, so I have been eyeballing these new running shoes that everyone at Crossfit who has them raves about. They are Newton brand and they promote natural running. Natural running is how you would run if you were barefoot. You instinctively would run on the ball or midfoot area of your foot as to protect crashing down hard on your heel. The shoes sound great but are a little pricey, so I figured let's try this with my Asics. Well, we'll just say that it was a learning experience and my calf muscles thought that it was a bad idea for sure. Sure practice makes perfect, but I'll have to see if one of my Crossfit buddies can give me some tips. Here is the link to check out the shoes. The pink ones are adorable! www.newtonrunning.com

No comments:

Post a Comment