Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Who's that girl. . .










A year has come and gone in my Crossfit journey. Exercise had always been a "why would you torture yourself that way," question for me. I never enjoyed it. Then my husband lost an amazing 100 lbs and it became my time to get healthy (and try to look as good as he did). Crossfit was a natural choice for my new endeavor as it was located right beside my business and the owner had been trying to recruit me for a year. At first it just plain sucked! It was very hard and I was super slow. Then I would get a burst of energy and craved more. This was the up down normal and it fluctuated depending on how busy I was at work and with the kids. Running was the devil and small children could not be in the room with me when I was forced to do it (unless they wanted an advanced vocabulary). That changed as well. Just did my first 10k last week. Loved it and will be running the Krolls half marathon this fall. Hands down favorite thing to do is heavy weightlifting. Back squats and overhead squats rock! The workouts or WODs vary every day and keep exercising fresh. My times have improved and I pride my self on trying to RX (as prescribed) what I can. Eventually "girl" pushups were not an option and as soon as I learned to kip, the pullup bands were history. Yes, it will take me longer, but I am at peace with that. I can honestly say that in that year I only missed workouts if I was out of town or sick. Skipping was never an option for me. You either give the commitment or you don't. Crossfit is amazing and a part of my life now. That will not change. I have changed for the better and am proud to get my now rounder butt out of bed every day to stay healthy and strong. My new journey starts today. Documenting my daily WODs and various exercising to help me hit my goals. Doing more to gain more. As my best friend put it, "I want to be a hot mama."



No comments:

Post a Comment