Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Challenges-gotta love 'em


4 rnds

7 muscle ups (practice)
15 deadlifts 135#
30 walking lunge steps

time 20:47

Challenges . . .

One of the reasons that I sweat, blood, and tears love Crossfit are the challenges. Not just in challenging myself to go faster, etc. (what others may say their reason is), but challenging myself to step out of the my footed pajama comfort zone and try something new. How I see it is that the mad scientist geniuses who develop the wod programming label certain moves/weights as Rx for a reason. They set a standard that we should be able to achieve if we follow crossfit. Totally not saying that you should be able to start Crossfit and Bam!, Rx all of your wods, just that it is the goal. Scale it down and as you improve, boost it up. It may take time and possibly it is not realistic, but seriously, why the hell are you doing Crossfit if you don't want a challenge? Yes, my time may suffer for doing plank pushups compared to those who are on their knees, but it's how they should be done and dammit I am doing them Rx. Yep, sorta stubborn here if you can't tell. When I first started Crossfit, almost two years ago, I completely sucked! Not sugar coating that one at all. It was flipping hard and my out of shape ass didn't know which way was up. We figured out rather quickly that I certainly wasn't(and still am not)one of the fastest and that is when I decided that I would focus on pushing myself to learn the moves/lifts correctly and strive for Rx. The moral of the story after all that ranting-go for the challenge! More often than not, you will surprise yourself positively with your ability, can do more than you thought, and will love the sense of accomplishment. If you never try, how will you know?

No comments:

Post a Comment