Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Busy weekend! Sat. May 29, 2010

So, here's the story. . . as a Mom, it would be ideal if my boys and I could go running together. Nice healthy bonding. We set out Saturday morining for a little one mile jaunt anound where we live (big hills). My six year old rode his bike and did wonderful. My eight year old tried to run with me. Being eight, it was hard for him to want to listen to Mom about pacing himself, and of course he sprinted and then fizzled repeatedly. By halfway, we had a huge case of the whines complete with side ache and leg pain. I found it really hard to relate to him that exercise usually is painful, but you grow stronger and the pain goes away fast. We ended up walking the rest of the way and will try again soon. Hopefully, my dream will come true and my boys will find a lifelong love of running.

No comments:

Post a Comment